Audio Assignment - How do I make an audio recording to submit to an assignment?
Some classes (e.g., some foreign language classes) may require you to submit an audio file for an assignment. For simple audio files, we recommend the free version of WavePad (www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html
, available for Windows and Mac. The link to the non-expiring free version is in the middle of the page under the heading Get It Free.
For Chromebook users, there is also a free Android application linked on the bottom of the page.
- When the recording window first opens, change the Sample Rate to 22,050 and the Channels to "Mono". You can also correct this after you make the recording.
- Make the recording, correcting any errors (e.g., mic levels too high) identified by the program.
- Use the Save drop-down to Save File As. Select MPEG Layer-3 (*.mp3) as the format.
- Give the file a recognizable name and location on your hard drive (so you can find it later).
- In the next window (MP3 Encoder Options) select Constant Bit Rate, 128 (kbps), and Channels Encoder Mode as "Mono".
- Locate your file and submit it to StudyPlace.