To open a GP6 Document from your teacher, your teacher should provide you a link to click (GP6
However, any user can share any GP6 Document Version with any other user by sending the Version ID. A GP6 Document Version ID looks like this:
26C58A1D81T1F2A4B99A425723AD2A13. Getting the ID for a GP6 Document Version
Opening a GP6 Document Version from the ID
- In GP6, open your Library tab.
- Select the Document (upper window), then the Version (lower window).
- Lock the Version using the Save button (upper left disc icon).
- Use the Version Properties button (hover over the Version in the lower window) to view and copy the Version ID.
- Pass the Version ID to any user with whom you want to share that Version.
- in GP6, open your Library tab.
- Paste the Version ID into the field labeled "Other Document ID" and click Load (paste using CTRL+v (Windows) or CMD+v (Mac)).
- If you make any changes to the Document you just loaded, GP6 will automatically create a new Version with you as the owner. This new Version will still be linked to and visible to the Document's original owner.