Would you like to teach with The Potter's School? We are always seeking qualified teachers. What do we mean by "qualified"? We do not require formal certification. However, we do require:
- Strong Christian faith and clear Christian testimony. All teachers must sign our statement of faith.
- Actively involved in a local church and spiritually accountable to that church's leadership.
- Gifted to teach.
- Expert in the subject matter (expertise gained through study, experience or a combination of the two).
- Heart for discipleship. We understand academics to be a subset of the greater process of biblical labor, in which we are to do all things in excellence as unto the Lord. We also understand labor (and therefore academics) as being a primary crucible in which the student's character is being forged. Therefore, our teachers must be mentors focused first on discipleship.
Does this sound like you? If so, please provide the following to AsstDirector@pottersschool.org
- Brief Christian testimony and discussion of how you became a Christian, your current walk with Christ, and your current relationship with and involvement in your local church. (Please make this a separate document, and please do not submit other information without it.)
- List of courses for which you would like to be considered to teach. They can be either courses we already offer, or ones we don't yet offer. If we don't offer it, please include a brief description of the courses you would like us to consider.
- Brief explanation of your background (education, training, experience) as it pertains to the courses you listed in item 2.
- We may later ask you for recommendations, from your church leadership or others.
The Potter's School teachers are a supportive team. Each one is also an independent contractor for whom teaching is a ministry and a business. We pay our teachers in a manner well worthy of their labor, and our teachers enjoy considerable freedom and flexibility. However, our teachers work hard providing top quality courses and timely effective feedback that have become our hallmarks.
We concentrate on staffing the next school year in January and February, but we welcome applications anytime. If you're ready to teach with us, please let us know!