Messages and Emails
TPS complies with anti-spam and bulk email guidelines. We do not send bulk email unless it is through a subscribe/unsubscribe service.News and Announcements:
We send school-wide announcements, mailing list announcements, and newsletters by a professional mail list that conforms to spam and bulk mail guidelines by allowing users to unsubscribe by clicking a link. If you do not receive mailing list announcements from us, then you have probably unsubscribed yourself or accidentally blocked your email address from our mailing list.Enrollment, Billing, Admin/Tech Support:
We send transactional (individual) emails for enrollment, billing, admin and tech. These emails go to the parent address(es). If you do not receive them, please make sure pottersschool.org is in your email "whitelist". (Enrollment and Billing emails are also posted in the family StudyPlace as Messages, for reference in case the email is lost or blocked.)Class Group Communication:
Group communication within a class, including teacher announcements, alerts, assignments, feedback, and grades, are posted as Messages within StudyPlace. Students regularly login to StudyPlace, and these Messages pop up for them immediately when they log in. These messages may be sent as email if they are urgent or intended for parents.Class Individual Communication:
Teachers post an individual Message to student and parent regarding course-related matters such as in-class participation, missed assignments, academic performance trends, request for meeting, and more. These individual Messages are also sent as email to the parent and student email addresses.Managing Messages
Messages are automatically opened when you log into StudyPlace, so you will quickly see Announcements and Messages.
- Unread Messages are indicated by a red counter on the upper left. Click the counter to read Messages.
- Messages are arranged with Unread Messages on top sorted by date, then Read Messages below sorted by date. A Read Message can be marked Unread, and an Unread Message can be marked Read.
- Messages that a teacher considers to be "Urgent" will be marked in red in your Message list.
- Messages can also be Hidden after you no longer need them in view, and Hidden Messages can be made Visible again.
- If a Message is updated after you have marked it as Read or Hidden it, the updated Message will become Visible and Unread again, so you don't miss the update.
- Both Visible and Hidden Messages can be searched.
- Family and student accounts can choose to show All Messages, Announcements Only, class Feedback Only, or Student Notes Only, in both Visible and Hidden Messages.
We recommend that you process Messages regularly, marking as Read the ones you still want to keep in view but don't need on top, and hiding those you no longer need in view at all. This way new Messages will be on top for you when you log in, and Messages you no longer need in view will be out of your way where you can still get to them later if you need to.
If you "Mark as Read" or, better yet, "Mark as Read and Hide" your Messages regularly, then anytime a Message is updated that Message will become Unread and Visible, with a special icon that indicates there is new content. Regular Message processing helps ensure you will never miss anything important, including important updates.
If you "reply" to a Message it will offer to open up a new email in your default email program (whatever you have set up in your computer) and assign the right To addressee and Subject. From there you work with it like any other transactional email.
Students should check their Messages when they log in for class or assignments. Parents should check their Messages often as needed in overseeing their children's classes, which will vary depending on the ages of the students and the level of the courses.