If you have any questions or require assistance with any part of the process of locating, downloading, completing and submitting placement tests or questionnaires, please visit TPS live support for assistance.Are Placement Documents Required for Placement Approval?
Download the Placement Test or Questionnaire
- Please check the Prerequisites in the course catalog details for each enrolled course.
- If there is no listed requirement for a placement test or questionnaire, then none are required.
- If there is a required placement test or questionnaire, and you do not meet at least one of the conditions for waiving all placement materials, then you must submit placement materials.
- If there is a required placement test or questionnaire, but you meet at least one of the conditions for waiving all placement materials (e.g., coming from a prior TPS course with sufficient score), then you should not submit placement materials.
- If you are enrolling in multiple courses with similar or related placement requirements, you should submit the placement documents to only the primary course.
- This is most common for enrollments in both English and History, where the English placement covers both.
- This is also common in enrollments for both Math and Science, where the Math placement covers both.
- If you are unsure or have a question, please ask TPS Support. Do not assume that you are not required to submit placement materials.
Complete the Placement Test or Questionnaire
- Every TPS placement test or questionnaire is available for download from the Placement section of the Course Catalog details for the course. The download links are also provided in the enrollment email for each class.
- All TPS placement documents are either doc/docx ("Word documents") or pdf ("PDF documents") format.
- "Word documents" require that your computer or device have MS Word or the free cross-platform Libre Office. Mac Pages and Google Doc will not be accepted.
- "PDF documents" require that your computer or device have the free cross-platform Adobe Reader using the Comment Tool. Other PDF writer programs should not be used.
- If you have trouble with the download, try right-clicking the link in the course catalog and using "Save As" to first bring the document to your computer or device. Then open the document using the appropriate program or app.
Submit (Upload) the Completed Placement Test or Questionnaire
- Most placement tests or questionnaires require answers typed directly into the document.
- "Word documents" should be typed in MS Word or the free cross-platform Libre Office. Mac Pages and Google Doc will not be accepted.
- "PDF documents" should be typed in the free cross-platform Adobe Reader using the Comment Tool. Other PDF writer programs should not be used.
- Some placement tests (e.g., math tests) may require handwritten answers.
Verify a Submitted Placement Test or Questionnaire
- Emailed placement materials will not be processed.
- Before you submit your completed placement test or questionnaire:
- The student must be enrolled in the course to submit placement documents for that course.
- Save the document to your computer or device to a location where you can find it again.
- Close the document and open it again. Review it to make sure it is complete.
- Close the document again prior to submitting.
- Go to your Family Account Enrolled Courses: www.pottersschool.org/mycourses
- Select the enrolled class "seat" for the student. (Note: If you do not click on a seat, the Upload Document button will not activate.)
- Below the list of enrolled seats is a Placement Documents window. Use the Upload Document button to submit a document. (You may submit as many documents as are needed. If you submit a replacement document, please add a note to the document itself that it is intended to replace a prior document because you may not delete documents once submitted.)
Submitted documents are listed in the Placement Documents
window as a record of submission, and may be downloaded for verification of what was submitted.Check Approval Status of an Enrolled Class "Seat"
- Once a student is approved or disapproved for a course, the approval status will be shown in the upper window in the Approval field for each seat. Note that every seat in the same course for the same student will show the same status.
- If a student is disapproved for a course, selecting any seat in that course for that student will show a brief explanation in the Placement Messages view. Since disapproved seats are eventually dropped, this information will be available only briefly. However, it is also provided by email and remains available in your StudyPlace Messages.