Some classes (e.g., some foreign language classes) may require you to submit an audio file for an assignment. For simple audio files, we recommend the free version of WavePad (www.nchsoftware.com/software/free-downloads.html
), available for Windows and Mac. Get the free non-expiring version from this page only
(every other pages links the non-free expiring version). For Chromebook users, there is a free Android application called "WavePad Audio Editor Free" in the Play store.
- When the recording window first opens, change the Sample Rate to 22,050 and the Channels to "Mono". You can also correct this after you make the recording.
- Make the recording, correcting any errors (e.g., mic levels too high) identified by the program.
- Use the Save drop-down to Save File As. Select MPEG Layer-3 (*.mp3) as the format.
- Give the file a recognizable name and location on your hard drive (so you can find it later).
- In the next window (MP3 Encoder Options) select Constant Bit Rate, 128 (kbps), and Channels Encoder Mode as "Mono".
- Locate your file and submit it to StudyPlace.